Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Response to Vy's post

Teen pregnancies are a subject that our society has to be concerned about. In Vy’s blog about Teen Pregnancies, she claims this,

“In my opinion, Teen moms should not be given a show, it just shows that teenagers are able to get away with anything and are given a privilege to be on T.V. That does not teach anyone anything. It  causes a bigger problem because it give teenagers a reason to get pregnant so, they can make easy money by getting on T.V. Teen moms should just keep their business to themselves and take care of what they need like taking care of their kids instead, of caring about getting on T.V. In a way, they are using their kid and that is not fair on their kid behave.”

I agree with Vy’s claims about it being just ridiculous for MTV to air a show based on teen moms. I know that I do not have any say in how people live their lives and that I know that it is their choice for them to put their business out there like that on shows, but honestly, I feel as if Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant are not good choices for a show. Yes I know that it does show their struggles with having a kid at such a young age, but at the same time, like Vy said, it gives off the impression that teenagers are able to get away with what they want such as having sex and getting knocked up afterwards.

I have noticed that nowadays, everything has been made into a reality show. Teen Mom and 16& Pregnant are just two of the many shows that are based on the specific details of a person’s life.

I honestly do not see why these teenage girls would want to have all their personal business out there like that. Personally, if I was in their situation, I would not want my life to be showcased like that. My life is no ones business just like these teenage moms. In my opinion, they should not have a show since it really doesn’t teach anyone anything. These shows are just putting these moms on blast when they dig deep into their personal lives that are AIRED ON T.V!

No comments:

Post a Comment