Friday, December 10, 2010

Beauty: Defined!

I love this post. This is a response to Christy's blog about beauty! 
Why do people always mention skinny, tall, long legs, banging body type of girls? I am tired of people referring skinny girls as beautiful. What about the ones that are not skinny and is average or over weight?  What makes skinny girls so much better? I wish everyone can accept the fact that everyone is beautiful in their own ways. 
Just to put it out there, I am not trying to put anyone down, but honestly, this response is all about my opinion.

If you were to flip through the newest edition of every single fashion magazine out there, you will always see a skinny girl on the cover. Never in my life have I seen a decent looking girl on the covers of the trends that us girls follow these days. Society has tortured the minds of woman and especially young teenage girls. They manipulated them into thinking that the only way that they could be beautiful is by looking like the anorexic girls in the magazines and on television.

 Like Christy said, I'm not trying to put any of the skinny girls down, but I am just saying that not only skinny girls are the pretty girls.

In my culture, background or family, however you want to call it, it's beautiful to have the natural curves that a woman should have. I come from a Latin family and in my family, we embrace our bodies and are proud of them even if other people don't like it. Personally, I am not a size 1 girl and I would never want to be that way. I love myself and my body type even if I'm not the skinniest girl out there. My man loves the way I look so I don't have to change my body and go nuts with working out if it's not necessary. (I just had to put it out there! :] ).

I have a very high self-esteem and I think that every girl should be that way no matter how they look. Every girl is beautiful in their own way. Even if they might not be pretty on the outside, they might be stunning on the inside.

No one should be judging a persons' appearance because that doesn't define us as a person. Yeah you might be pretty, but if you have an ugly attitude, then most people will not like you even if you have all the right looks.

1 comment:

  1. http://nawaraahmed.blogspot.com/2010/12/youre-so-beautiful-know-matter-what.html

    ReplyDelete